University Preparation Programme
The LSI University Preparation Programme is designed specifically to prepare students for applying to and thriving at English-speaking universities or colleges.
In addition to intensive language and academic tuition, our school counsellors help you choose the right university or college programme and assist you at every stage of the application process, start to finish. LSI's academic team design a study plan specifically tailored to your individual needs and then monitor your progress to ensure that you achieve your goals. Course length is dependent on your individual aims, although we recommend a minimum of 12 weeks.
Our course provides:
- Preliminary level placement and academic advice before arriving at LSI
- Conditional letters of admission to universities and colleges (see country pages for details)
- Individual study programmes tailored to meet your needs and goals
- Counselling throughout your course, including assistance in completing applications, visiting universities and preparing for interviews. We can also assist with your application documents to any of our partner universities and colleges
- Visa extension advice and support*
Which LSI schools offer the University Preparation Programme?
We offer the programme at all our schools in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
What skills do we teach?
Students on the LSI University Preparation Programme are taught the following skills and techniques that are essential in preparing for university:
- University research and presentation skills
- How to behave and communicate effectively in academic situations
- Exam skills and techniques
- Essay writing skills, including critical thinking and developing and presenting arguments
- Optional classes include:
- English for Academic Purposes
- Cambridge English Language Assessment courses
- IELTS, TOEFL iBT, TOEIC, Business English
*Not available in the UK